Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Struggles of Being of Drinking Age

   I haven't written a post in a while so I wanted to catch up with everyone. Everything is going great except for one problem. My wife turned 21 and since then we have been doing a little travelling and going to bars. Unfortunately, looking as young as I do, I run into troubles getting in. Unfortunately, my ID is a temporary ID made of paper until my actual ID comes in the mail (I have had to have them resend it twice). Most bars we go to tell me that I can't come in because my ID could be fake. Come on now guys. This is ReDonkULous. Likewise, I have trouble buying alcohol because of my ID. I have been declined many times in front of a long line of customers. This is just embarressing. So in the mean time, my wife has to buy me drinks when we feel like partying a bit. The picture below is from the Anheuser Busch tour we took in St. Louis this past weekend. Unfortunately for me, I did not get to take advantage of the free 16oz beer.


We have also decided to stay at our current residence for a little while and renew our lease. We both really enjoy our location and my wife loves her job at her pediatric dental office. I still work at a hotel but I have been moved to night shift for the first half of the week and day shift the second half. While this can be hard on sleeping habits, I found that it is the perfect opportunity to start obtaining my real estate license! We have decided to put money back to pay for my pre-licensure courses so that I can start hopefully next month. We have also decided it is time to buy a couch. We have had a futon in our living room for the past 4 months since we moved here. At first we did not get a lot of guests so it wasn't an issue, but lately we have had friend's or family stay the night at least once a week. I have to admit though, the futon in the living room did come in handy when we had our New Years Bash. We do not condone drinking and driving. With that said, anyone who drinks at our apartment is welcome to stay the night. That night we had 5 people stay over at our house and had just enough room for the 7 of us. 

On a side note, I have taken my entrepreneurial to start making T-shirts again and I am going to try to focus on mainly making t-shirts that pertain to this blog's values - Being Married Young. 

Feel free to take a look and if you like something, buy it or leave a comment so I know I'm on the right track! Thanks everyone and I will have more posts to come soon!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/Niantic/shop?asc=u



No comments:

Post a Comment