Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Learning to live with a girl

Ok, this post doesn't just apply to young people. Learning to live with a girl is one of the hardest things to do. I know I am not the neatest person, but guys generally have less clutter. 

My wife is not a very organized person. Everywhere she goes, there is a trail of clothes makeup, and food containers. I know you all have seen posts on facebook or twitter that show a guys bathroom then show a girls bathroom. The guy's bathroom may have a toothbrush, razor, and gel on the sink. A bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and body soap in the bathtub. That is it.
A girl's bathroom is scary. I quite honestly fear for my life sometimes. I go in, there is makeup all over the counter, sometimes a piece or two has fallen into the sink. There is makeup on the floor. There is clothes on the floor from where she was in a hurry to change in the morning. In the bathtub, there are wayyyyy more products than anyone could ever need. soap, decorative soap, 4 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. A bottle of smelly good soap somebody bought us as a gift, a couple of razors, usually in the bottom of the tub. I always have to find the razors before I get in the tub. One time she bathed the dog in the bathtubs and had a metal dog fur comb thing. Well the next day I am in the shower and step on it and slice my foot open (I told you, I fear for my life). 

When we moved into our apartment, I had with me two bags of clothes. That was it. A few weeks later, my wife moved in with her 9 bags of clothes, 1 box of shoes, 1 box of makeup, and multiple decorations that mostly never made it to the walls. And so the clutter begins.

Luckily, the extent of the mess for the most part stays in the bedroom/bathroom. Now if you are a girl or live with a girl, then you may find that it is not as bad as this. However, Everyone knows the bathroom of a girl is more cluttered than a bathroom of a guy. This is something, as a guy, that we just have to learn to live with (maybe not the fear of stepping on a razor). As far as clothes and shoes go. Girls have more clothes and shoes than guys. Period. And You will ALWAYS hear that they have nothing to wear. Once again, this is something that no guy can change. We just have to learn to deal with it.

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment